This article will tell you how to add serving instructions to a menu item so your kitchen will know when to bring it out.
1. Create the modifiers
- Go to Your Menu > Modifiers.
- Click Create new modifier.
- Modifier name: Type the options you'd like your customers to have for their menu items. Ex: "with Main" or "with Dessert".
- If these options are integrated into your POS, please link to the items under External POS ID.
- If your POS automatically syncs with your Mr Yum menu, create the modifier on your POS and link it to the items.
2. Create a modifier group
- Go to Your Menu > Menu Items.
- Click the menu item that you want to add serving instructions to and click View item modifiers and upsells.
- Click Add new modifier group.
- Name: Type "Serving instructions" or anything you'd like to indicate when the menu item should be served.
- Select type: Select Single.
- Is a selection required? Select Optional or required depending on if you'd like every customer to indicate when this menu item should be served.
3. Add the modifiers
After creating the modifiers and the modifier group, it's time to add the modifiers into the group. Do note that you have to do this for each menu item that you want to have serving instructions for.
- Select the Add modifier text field.
- Type in the modifiers you have created and click them.