If you use Squarespace for hosting, the following instructions will help you to add SPF, DKIM, Bounce and TX records. Learn more about these in
The instructions below are up to date as of 31st October, 2023, Squarespace may make changes to their interface. If you need any additional help, please have a look at Adding custom DNS records to your Squarespace-managed domain in the Squarespace help docs.
- Login to your Connect account
- In the top right hand corner, select you name and then Settings
- Select Domain Setup, then the black + button and select Add Domain
- Add the domain that you would like to send email from and select Add Domain
- Enter your email to verify your account.
- When you receive the email, select Verify Domain. If you didn't receive that email, please check in your spam folder.
- You will be redirected back to your Sprout Account. Select DNS setup.
- In a seperate browser window, login to your Squarespace site and select Domains.
- Select the Domain that is being managed by Squarespace
- Select Edit DNS
- Next to Customer Records, select Add Record
- DKIM Setup: Go back to your Connect account and under DKIM Setup, copy the Host text which is highlighted below. Then add this text under Host in Squarespace. Make sure you don't include the . at the end of the text.
- Under Type select TXT
- Next, select the Copy Icon to copy the Data, and add this under Data in Squarespace.
- Select Add Record and add the following to setup SPF. You can only have one SPF records per domain. If you already have an SPF record, edit the existing one and add include:_spf.contacta.io between v=spf1 and ~all
Host Type Priority Data * TXT N/A v=spf1 include:_spf.contacta.io ~all
- Select Add Record and add the following to setup Analytics.
Host Type Priority Data tx CNAME N/A tx.contacta.io
- Select Add Record and add the following to setup Bounce.
Host Type Priority Data bounce CNAME N/A bounce.contacta.io
- Once done, your records should looke like this