What is Crew?
Crew is Mr Yum's iOS Mobile App for Venue Owners, Managers and Wait Staff. It is tailored for in-venue, in-service use. Crew streamlines core operations and provides real-time insights so that venues are empowered to focus on what matters most - delivering excellent, personalised service to Guests.
Note: as of 2023, Crew only works on iOS.
With so much of business being mobile-first, our vision for Crew is for control, efficiency, and intelligence to converge at your fingertips.
Crew unlocks new possibilities across:
- Personalised staff interactions: Staff will be able to personalise interaction with Guests whether it is by upselling menu items with Staff Upsells receiving feedback via Crew: Fast Feedback. Crew compliments Order&Pay to get the best of both worlds.
- In-service operations: Staff juggle a lot in and should be able to perform key actions such as turning tables on/off, knowing when orders have not reached the POS, marking items as out of stock, process refunds, etc.
- Insights and intelligence: Staff will be able to view key insights about venue performance and guest experiences.
What does Crew do?
As at October 2023, Crew allows for the following workflows
Crew provides you with an inbox for various notifications:
- Missed Orders (Orders that were submitted by Mr Yum but an error occurred in transmission and it didn’t reach the POS)
- POS Offline (Orders that don’t reach the POS because it is offline)
- Crew: Fast Feedback — reviews from Guests
Crew gives you the ability to perform actions:
- [Closed Beta] Staff can upsell guests using Crew by taking orders and payments using the iphone App - Staff Upsells On Crew (awaiting link)
- Turn Table Groups and Individual Tables on/off - Managing Tables on Crew
- Login to Manage (and use Manage via mobile)
- Zendesk Support Chat
How to get Started Crew
To set up Crew, check out How to set up Crew
Check out the following articles
- Crew FAQ’s
- To get a glimpse of what is coming, check out What’s coming in Crew (article coming soon)