Creating happy hours or daily specials that only appear on certain days.
Price Overrides: this is for when you want to change the price of a product at a specific time. For example, a happy hour.
Daily Specials: this is used usually when you don't want an item to appear on the menu other than on certain days. For example, Tuesday steak night or Wednesday burger deal.
👋 We’re in the process of updating this article with the specific steps required for your integrated POS. If you need help, email email@example.com and a member of our support team will be able to assist.
How to Create Price Overrides
Price Overrides are used when you want to change the price of a product at a specific time.
- Go to Your Menu > Price Override Specials.
- Click Create Price Override.
- Name: enter the name of the special e.g $15 pasta Thursdays.
Type: select the one that applies.
- Absolute is when you want an exact price.
- Percentage is when you want a percentage off the price e.g. 50% off pasta.
- Price: Enter the display price e.g. $15.
- Price in cents: For $15 you would enter 1500.
- Percentage off: Leave percentage blank if you selected absolute, otherwise enter '50' for 50% off.
- Select the time and days you want the price override to be activated.
- Click the toggle to black to turn it on.
- Click Create.
- Click the Add Menu Items button.
- Select all the items that are included in the special.
This is what it will look like on your menu:
How to create daily specials
Daily Specials are used usually when you don't want an item to appear on the menu other than on certain days.
- Create menu items that you want to make a special as normal, but toggle on Nested Item.
- Go to Your Menu > Daily Specials.
- Click Create Daily Special.
- Name: enter the name of the special. For example, "Thursday Burger & Beer Deal"
- For the day you want the special to be visible on your menu, click on the clock icon to select the start and end times on that day, then toggle off Not available for that day.
- Leave the other days black (that you don't want the special to show) as they are in their default positions.
- Click Create.
Watch a video walk-through of these steps