Learn how to upload and crop your photos for maximum sales.
💥 FYI: Some of these Help Articles aren't POS specific. If you’re trying to navigate back to Creating & managing your menu > POS category, we recommend hitting the back button, or going back to the central menu category.
Photos of your menu items are one of the most important parts of your menu. A picture says a thousand words!
Customers will be basing their orders on your photos and therefore you should try to upload beautiful and closely cropped photos of your food (that accurately depict your meals) that will have your customers salivating. 🤤
How to add and upload photos to your menu?
- Go to Your Menu Menu Items.
- Click into the category where the item you'd like to add a photo to is located.
- Find the item you want to add a photo for.
- You can drag the image file onto the + on the menu item or click on the + to locate the image in your files.
Watch a video walk-through of these steps
Cropping your images perfectly
The crop of your images is important. The Mr Yum system will accept any JPG file you upload however it's up to you to make sure the photo looks great on your menu and will generate you strong sales. Phones are small, therefore images are small so you don't want the photo cropped too far away with space around the dish, making it look small.
Here's how to crop images if you have a Mac:
- Open the photo you want to crop
- Click, hold, and drag on the image to create a selection.
- You can then click, hold, and drag on any of the corner blue dots to resize the selection if needed. Tip: if you need to crop a perfect for menu item photos, you can hold down the Shift key while you hold and drag the corners.
- With your selection visible on the screen, hold down the “Command” key and hit the letter “K” to crop your selection so that it removes the rest of the image outside your selection. It should save automatically.
Here's how to crop images if you have a PC:
Open the photo you want to crop
- Open image:
- Click on Edit & Create, and then select Edit from the drop-down:
- From here you can crop the image by moving the corners in.
- If you need to make a perfect square, for menu item images, click on aspect ratio on the right and then click on Square.
- When finished cropping, just click the save a copy button and save the file to your computer.
Or if you're old skool, you could also use Paint to crop images:
- Open the image in Microsoft Paint.
- Click on the Select tool in the toolbar at the top of the program window.
- Select the portion of the image you want to crop using the Select tool. For example, to crop tightly around your logo, you’d select close to your logo without any space around it.
- Once selected, right-click with the mouse anywhere in the image selection and
- Select Crop.