Add dietary information/tags to your menu items so your customers can see which of your menu items are either vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free etc. and also filter their view.
💥 FYI: Some of these Help Articles aren't POS specific. If you’re trying to navigate back to Creating & managing your menu > POS category, we recommend hitting the back button, or going back to the central menu category.
- Go to Your Menu > Menu Items.
- Click the category that contains the menu item you'd like to edit.
- Click the menu item.
- Open the Dietary Information section.
Dietary tags appear on your menu items, as you may have them on your physical menu.
If the dietary tags that you want aren't already created you can type it in under dietary tags and then click create.
For example, you may use GF: Gluten-Free, GFO: Gluten Free-Option, V: Vegetarian, VO: Vegetarian Option, VG: Vegan, VGO: Vegan Option. You can use whatever abbreviations you like. Keep them short though so they don't clash with the price of the item as they are very close.
You can create an info menu item to let customers know what the dietary tags mean.
- Filter Tags are what makes the items appear when customers filter to only see the vegetarian, gluten-free or vegan menu items. Currently, these are the only 3 filters possible.
- Dietary tags appear on your menu items, as you may have them on your physical menu.
Looking to add allergen information? Click here.
For example:This is how it appears on your menu: