This article explains how to add new items to your Mr Yum menu, if you are using Toast POS.
About the Integration with Toast:
The integration with Mr Yum and Toast is a direct sync so you don't have to maintain products in multiple systems. Your Toast POS is the source of truth.
When you make changes to your menu in Toast, Mr Yum will automatically receive these changes and update your menu instantly.
When you want to add a new item to Mr Yum you simply need to activate it Mr Yum following the below steps.
What kind of changes will sync from Toast to Mr Yum?
- Manually 86 an item in toast (make an item sold out)
- If stock depletes from inventory in toast and the item is 86'd (sold out)
- Delete an item in Toast
- If you update a price on an item
- Add or delete a modifier
How To add a new item to Mr Yum:
First you need to make sure the item exists inside Toast, then it can be added to Mr Yum. Inside toast, you need to make sure one of the tick boxes is ticked:
If one of these settings is not ticked, you will not be able to add the item to Mr Yum.
Once the item is added into toast, and one of the settings above is ticked, you can activate the item/s in Mr Yum following these steps:
- Go to Your Menu Menu Items.
- Click Bulk Operations
- Click Import from POS
- Search up the item that you want with the Search Bar
- Choose which items you want to put on your menu by clicking on the Checkbox.
- Once the checkbox is ticked, click on Import Items (shows up on the top of the list above name, replacing the search bar)
- Choose where you want it to go.
- Go back to Your Menu Menu Items the category where you've imported your item
- Click on the item Turn on the toggle "Visible on Menu"
Done! Once items are added the sync will be activated.
Below are additional properties that can be customized in Mr Yum:
- Name of Items & Modifiers
- Popular Tags
- Dietary tags
- Upsells & Upgrades
- Positioning of items
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to import all of the items individually?
Yes. Items in your POS does not appear automatically, all new items must first be activated
- I've ticked the checkboxes but it's saying that "no menu item was selected'?
Please make sure that the items you're selecting are not modifiers. You will only be importing the items and not the modifiers. To import modifiers, you'll need to create options in an option set and link them to the items.
- I've imported items but it's not showing to my customers?
Please check whether the item is visible on the menu by following these steps:
Go back to Your Menu Menu Items the category where you've imported your item
Click on the item Turn on the toggle "Visible on Menu"
- What will make the sync update the Mr Yum menu?
The sync updates the menu whenever a change is made in your POS! It's that simple!
- I've updated my POS, why aren't the changes showing on Mr Yum?
The sync may take up to 10 minutes to update your menu, depending on the number of items you have in your POS. For this reason, we recommend not updating your menu during service.
- Does deleting an item from my POS delete it from Mr Yum?
Yes it does!
- Does deleting a modifier from My POS deletes it from Mr Yum?
- If I change something on Mr Yum, will it change the items on my POS?
No. The sync will only pull in information from your POS, it does not send through any changes made on Mr Yum to your POS. Any changes other than those customizable on Mr Yum should be made in your POS first.
- I've waited s while, why aren't the changes showing on Mr Yum?
Please contact us through our chat support, and we will let you know why this is happening. Reminder to tick the visibility setting in Toast!
Please sign in to leave a comment.