Create a promo code that applies a percentage discount off the cart total. Codes can be valid for specific days and times, or create a venue wide discount that doesn’t need a code entered.
You can create a discount code that applies a percentage discount off the cart total. You can set it to only apply if they enter the code or apply even without the customer entering the discount code.
The can set the dates and times that the code is valid between.
For example, this can be used if you want to email your database a discount code, have a venue-wide happy hour discount, or if you want to offer all customers 10% off on Mondays and Tuesdays between without needing to enter a discount code.
- Go to Venue Details > Discounts/Surcharges.
- Click Add Discount/Surcharge.
- Name: this is what will show up to the customer when they see the discount. For example, “10% off Mondays & Tuesdays"
- Discount code: It must be in capital letters and no spaces. For example, TENOFF
- Percent surcharge/discount: this is where you enter the percentage off you want. For example, For a 10% discount, you would enter -10.
- Description: enter a description of what the code is e.g. “10% discount on Mondays & Tuesdays” This description is for you and your team is know what the discount is for.
- If you want the discount to be valid for a specific time period:
- Click New Time Slot
- Enter start and end dates
- Click Save
- If you want the discount to only work for specific days of the week or times:
- Click the clock button
- Add the time slots of your discount. For example, on Wednesday 4pm-6pm and name it the same as the discount/surcharge name.
- If you want specific days, for example, Wednesday and Thursday enter in 12:00am-11:59pm for those days so that its only valid for those specific days.
- Click Create
- Click the Set as Venue Wide Button if you want the discount valid for all customers that order between the set times without them needing to enter the discount code at the checkout.
This is what it will look like when customers order:
Watch a video walk-through of these steps