What do red orders on the Live Orders page mean?
For orders to get from Mr Yum into your POS, a few things have to go right. If for some reason, something doesn't go right in this process, the order will appear in red to let you know that you have to manually enter it into your POS.
Rest assured that once the order appears in Mr Yum's Live Order screen, the customer HAS been charged and IS expecting their order.
By the order appearing in red, it lets you know that something went wrong with it getting to the POS so you have to manually intervene to ensure the customer gets their order as expected and doesn't have a bad experience.
For this reason, you should always have Mr Yum's Live Orders page next to your POS and visible and monitored by staff.
What do I do if I see a red order on the Live Orders page?
When an order appears in red, the customer is not affected at all. They have placed the order and been charged as normal. They have no idea that there is anything wrong with their order. They don't need to know that.
It's just an issue on your end because your POS system did not receive the order so it didn't print the docket.
It shouldn't happen often, but if it does:
- The first thing to do is manually enter the order into your POS system right away so that the dockets print.
- Then you can troubleshoot why the order failed to make it to the POS and print.
Why are orders failing to get to the POS and how do I troubleshoot the issue?
- Your internet connection has dropped out and the order couldn’t get through to your POS
Check your internet connection is working. If you know your internet connection cut out and it’s back on again and orders are now coming through in green - that was probably the issue. If it’s not due to an internet connection issue - proceed to do the below steps to troubleshoot.
- One of the items or modifiers that the customer ordered doesn’t have the correct product code in Mr Yum
This is the most common reason why orders fail to make it to the POS and appear in red! To check this, go to the Menu Items page within Mr Yum and check that each of the items/modifiers that were ordered in the red orders have the correct product codes that match the product codes for those items in doshii/square.
If they are correct, this is not the issue. If the codes are wrong or missing, fix them by entering the correct codes.
- Your Doshii to Mr Yum connection has gone down
Doshi is the middleware platform that connects Mr Yum to Square. So if this connection goes down, all orders will fail. If all of the above solutions don't solve your red orders, it could be because your POS has disconnected from doshii for some reason. This is a rare possibility but if it does happen, to re connect it, you'll need to reach out to Square and they will help :)
What to do when orders are not appearing in red but they are just not printing!
- If the orders are showing in green in the Mr Yum live orders page, and showing as normal in your Square POS orders page, this means the order was accepted by your POS, but it didn’t print. This is usually a printer issue and is something you can fix by tweaking your settings and turning on automatic printing: https://support.doshii.io/hc/en-us/articles/900001903663-Setting-up-Online-Orders-to-Print-for-Square-POS-and-Square-for-Restaurants
If that doesn't fix it, be sure to follow these steps below also:
- Check the printer is turned on.
- Check the printer has paper in it.
- Check the printer door is properly closed.
- Check the printer is connected however it usually is.