If you don't want to actually pay and then refund yourself, you can create a 100% discount code that when entered at the checkout will make the order free.
- Go to Venue Details > Discounts/Surcharges.
- Click Add Discount/Surcharge.
- Type: Discount
- Name: this is what will show up to the customer when they see the discount. For example, “100% off testing"
- Discount code: It must be in capital letters and no spaces. For example, RANDOMWORD (do not use the word TEST as people often try that and can get free meals from you)
- Percent discount: this is where you enter the percentage off you want. For example, for a 100% discount, you would enter 100.
- Description: enter a description of what the code is e.g. “100% off testing discount”. This description is for you and your team to know what the discount is for.
- Click Save
- If you want the discount to only be effective for a specific date (for example, from November 09 to 14, 2022 only)
- Select Edit on the right corner of the discount code
- Select Add time slot
- Choose the Start and End Dates
- Click Save
- If you want the discount to only work for specific days of the week or times (for example when you're going to be there):
- Click the clock button
- Add the time slots of your discount. For example, on Wednesday 4pm-6pm and name it the same as the discount/surcharge name.
- If you want specific days, for example, Wednesday and Thursday enter in 12:00am-11:59pm for those days so that its only valid for those specific days.
- Click Submit
DO NOT click Set as Venue Wide Button. Otherwise, it will make it free for everyone without having to enter the code.
If your venue/organisation is integrated with Reward tool (formerly: Boomerang). The 100% discount code or voucher must be created in Reward.
Step 1: Log In to ‘Reward’
- Log in to the Mr Yum ‘Reward’ Tool
On the left-hand side, select the Project (venue) you want to create the vouchers for
Step 2: Create the Campaign
- Select Campaign, on the left-hand side of the page
- Click on the + button in the top right-hand corner to create the campaign
- Click on —> Create under Discount Coupons
- Choose Standalone Code (This is a one custom code for the 100% testing code)
Additional Information: Can use this field to describe the discount (e.g. 100% Testing Code)
Category: Leave blank
Code redemption limit:
- If there is no limit, keep ‘Unlimited’ ticked
Custom code: Add in your desired code (e.g. RANDOMWORD)
Advanced code settings: can be left unticked for standalone codes
5. Click Next Step on the right-hand side
6. If the codes are available anytime with no timeframe restrictions, click Next Step and leave this section blank
7. Select % Percentage Type
8. Apply Discount to: Whole cart
9. Value (%) or Discount Value: Enter accordingly, e.g. if you were doing a 100%
10. Scroll back up and select Next Step, under Discount Value
11. Metadata (optional): Leave blank
- Click on Next Step
12. Summary: Double-check everything looks correct and press Save
Step 3: Test the code
Now, it's important to go test your code on your customer-facing Mr Yum menu to ensure it has been set up correctly.