Updated by Julia Catalano
What do red orders on the Live Orders page mean?
For orders to get from Mr Yum into your POS, a few things have to go right. If for some reason, something doesn't go right in this process, the order will appear in red to let you know that you have to manually enter it into your POS.
Rest assured that once the order appears in Mr Yum's Live Order screen, the customer HAS been charged and IS expecting their order.
By the order appearing in red, it lets you know that something went wrong with it getting to the POS so you have to manually intervene to ensure the customer gets their order as expected and doesn't have a bad experience.
For this reason, you should always have Mr Yum's Live Orders page next to your POS and visible and monitored by staff.
What do I do if I see a red order on the Live Orders page?
When an order appears in red, the customer is not affected at all. They have placed the order and been charged as normal. They have no idea that there is anything wrong with their order. They don't need to know that.
It's just an issue on your end because your POS system did not receive the order so it didn't print the docket.
It shouldn't happen often, but if it does:
- The first thing to do is manually enter the order into your POS system right away so that the dockets print.
- Then you can troubleshoot why the order failed to make it to the POS and print.
Why are orders failing to get to the POS and how do I troubleshoot the issue?
- Your internet connection has dropped out and the order couldn’t get through to your POS
Check your internet connection is working. If you know your internet connection cut out and it’s back on again and orders are now coming through in green - that was probably the issue. If it’s not due to an internet connection issue - proceed to do the below steps to troubleshoot.
- One of the items or modifiers that the customer ordered doesn’t have the correct product code in Mr Yum
This is the most common reason why orders fail to make it to the POS and appear in red! To check this, go to the Menu Items page within Mr Yum and check that each of the items/modifiers that were ordered in the red orders have the correct product codes that match the product codes for those items in Abacus. Here is How to access your product codes in Abacus.
If they are correct, this is not the issue. If the codes are wrong or missing, fix them by entering the correct codes.
- One of the items the customer ordered has some modifiers that are not linked to the item they ordered in your Abacus
To check this, login to your Abacus back office and go to Products on the main menu. Search for the product the customer ordered with modifiers and check that the product has the correct modifiers linked to it in Abacus. If it doesn’t - link the correct ones to that item as this would have been the issue.
Once you have found the issue - sync your POS to update the changes. If you couldn’t find the issue - message our support team on chat in the bottom right corner of your Manage Mr Yum.
What to do when orders are not appearing in red but they are just not printing!
- Check the printer is turned on.
- Check the printer has paper in it.
- Check the printer door is properly closed.
- Check the printer is connected however it usually is.
- Ask Abacus support - Mr Yum does not control your printers.