What are table groups?
Table groups allow you to show different categories to different parts of the venue based on what table number a customer enters and what table groups the venue categorises.
For example, in Melbourne, tables with a smoking area do not want the food categories to be shown. Another example is when upstairs serves Cocktails and downstairs doesn't.
Configure and upload table groups
First, you'll need to figure out how many table groups you want and what table numbers are in each group. Once you've got that ready, follow the instructions below.
- In manage, go to Venues Details > Table Groups and selected Download CSV Template
- Open the CSV template in excel
- Leave the ID field blank
- In the name column, add each table group area into a row.
- In the numbers column, enter all of the table numbers for that table group, separated by a pipe symbol, | . Make sure that there is no pipe symbol at the start or end of the table numbers.
Create a new tab in the CSV and list the table numbers in seperate rows. Once you have all your table numbers in seperate rows, in the Numbers column, use the following formula to merge all the table numbers into one cell: =CONCAT(FIRSTCELL:LASTCELL&"|"). It should look like this: =CONCAT(C1:C300&"|").
If you do it this way, make sure you delete the pipe symbol at the end of the table numbers.
Once that is done, copy and paste your cell (with all table numbers in the same cell) into the template tab, use Paste Values so the formula isn't pasted into that cell.
- Save the CSV File
- Go back to the table groups page and select Upload CSV and select the CSV you created.
Linking table groups to menu categories
- Go to Your Menu > Menu Items
- Press edit next to your first category
- Scroll down to Table Groups and then select the table groups that you want this category to be visible for.
- At the bottom of page, make sure Hide category when unavailable is turned on
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 for all of your categories.
- Go to Orders > Dine In Settings > Tabel Number Format and update this to Table Groups
Hide table number pop-up settings
Within your Venue Info page, there is a setting called Hide table number pop-up, left off by default, that will always prompt for a table number whenever a Guest opens the menu.
This is useful if you use table groups and want to prevent ordering being available for certain table groups (eg. Not allowing Food categories shown in smoking/outdoor areas)
Toggling this setting on will prevent the pop-up appearing, most useful when you have complex table number setups and would rather Guests not to have to deal with entering them.