Translations not looking right? You can manually edit language translations of your menu items in Spanish, French, Chinese, Greek and Italian.
When viewing one of the six different language options for the menu there may be words that did not translate.
You can fix specific words to help them translate correctly or type a translation if you know it. Words will translate from the simple name and simple description text, not the original name and description. So when changing words to help translations make changes to the simple ones.
- Go to Your Menu > Menu Items.
- Click on the category that contains the menu item you'd like to edit.
- Click on the menu item.
- Expand Language Translations.
- Edit the Simple Description and/or Simple Name to make it very basic language so that Google translate can translate it.
- Scroll down and toggle Re-translate Name and Description.
- Click Update.
- Refresh your menu and check the new translation.
If this does not work:
- Make sure the simple name and simple description is all in lowercase
- If specific words are not translating you may need to change the word to something simpler and more common. For example, pesto = basil sauce, arancini = stuffed rice balls, bao = bread bun